 Marketplace / Theory / 2196
Re: 200+ Harry Potter Hogwarts Castle Auctions!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 20:15:22 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Richard Marchetti writes:
In lugnet.market.auction, Bryan Wong writes:
I am astonished to see so many 4709 Hogwarts Castle auctions at eBay.  As
many as 229 at the time of this writing!  I guess this is an indicator of
how fast these sets are flying off the shelves.

Could also be a sign of people snapping them up at Costco and selling them
for more on eBay.  Costco had them for $70 USD which is quite a good price
for a fairly new set retailing at $90 USD more commonly.

   Yep.  They're on sale at Target for $85 (oooh, big discount)
   right now too.  But I think Richard's got a point there--and
   I think some of those auctioneers are going to be disappointed,
   because the HP Lego distribution is pretty good worldwide so
   far.

A few weeks ago it was also possible to snatch up a few HP trains for $30
each because of an apparent misprint in a TRU sales ad (whereas TRU wouldn't
make good on the price, Walmart WOULD DO price matching).

   I'm sorry I missed that.  Wait, no I'm not.  I don't like
   that set.  :)

Whereas the former was posted about up front in these very Lugnet
newsgroups, the latter is something I expect many people might have done but
not have admitted publically.

   I would probably have done it.  It's grey enough for me that
   I'll consider it Darwin's wiggle room.  :)

BTW, sorry to foul the waters of your thread in its infancy with my froggy
presence, but since everyone hates me anyway -- I just don't care!!!

   Bad frog!  Bad!  (In all seriousness, though, why do you think
   that?  I know that some people don't cotton to you, but hate is
   a pretty strong word.  I know *I* don't hate you.)