 Marketplace / Theory / 2169
2168  |  2170
Subject:
Gouge gouge gouge....gouge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 12:47:27 GMT

   Hi, everybody.

   Well, well, well.  HP is out and about, and we have (of course)
   the expected prices.  But lo! and behold, what do I see today
   but the infamous K-B consortium gouging *again* on a popular
   toy line:

http://www.kbtoys.com/kbsearch.html?head=LEGOHarryPotter&skeys=GP342%20CO10069&ls=toys

   Yes, not content to be 20% over retail on SW, they're between
   *25%* and *45%* over MSRP on their prices.  4701 for $10?!?
   Feh.  Granted, ZB was overpriced on these things, but this is
   ridiculous.  Those other prices are pretty amazing, too.  Are
   they out of touch with reality, or is this a trend with HP sets?
   If it is, Wal-Mart, TRU, K-Mart, and Target don't seem to be
   biting.  Even CompUSA was at MSRP for 4701!

   Anyways, just a venting.  I suppose it's inevitable with the
   shrinking of the marketplace, and we always do have the option
   merely not to buy (which is the one I'll be exercising, thanks
   much).  I'm just posting this as a heads-up for anyone thinking
   of going hunting for these sets in the K-B network:  prepare to
   pay a packet.

   best

   LFB