 Marketplace / Theory / 1788
1787  |  1789
Subject:
Tested (was Re: PAYPAL Work-Around (untested))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 18:59:22 GMT

It seems to work okay.  I implemented the 2 account system a little
different.  My personal account is now maxed out on cc receipts.  Instead of
upgrading that account, I opened a new business account with a single,
unpublished e-mail address.  I used this approach mainly due to the
pervasive use of the personal account and the several e-mail addresses
already associated with that account.  The downside is that I don't get
another $500 fee-free ride on a new personal account.

I have added a small policy statement to my Brickbay page that states:
"NOTE: Credit Card Payments Cannot Be Accepted Through This Account. Please
Contact Me When Providing PayPal Funds via Credit Card, a 2% ~ 3% Charge
Will be Added to Cover Additional PayPal Transaction Costs."  I'll have to
add this to auction listings as well.

My plan is to continue using the personal account for transactions.  CC
funded transactions will be stopped automatically by PayPal and declined by
me.  I will then send a payment request to the buyer via the business
account for the original amount + transaction fee.  The addition of the fee
can and will be discretionary depending on the size of the transaction, the
buyer, mood swings, etc.

One word of caution when opening and verify the second account.  You can't
use the same bank account and credit card numbers as from your original
account...  not allowed by PayPal.

--
-Rob.

=============================
New sets and parts for sale or trade:
http://www.doucettenet.com/lego/
http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=doucette

"Rob Doucette" <rob.doucette@york.com> wrote in message
"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.market.theory, Tom Heidemann writes:
well you aren't supposed to have more than one account... :(

Jon Kozan said:

So, after reviewing the TOU...
1) They limit you to 1 Personal and 1 Premier Account.

One of these two statements appears to be incorrect. Even given that we • have
examples of people who have two, I have no way of knowing which one.

The PayPal TOU states:

2.  No Multiple Accounts. Should you register for more than one Personal
Account, PayPal.com reserves the right to terminate all of your accounts • and
will restrict you from the system going forward. Users may register and • hold
one Personal Account and either one Premier or one Business Account.

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/terms-outside

Jon is correct in his original statement.  Tom is correct in reference to
multiple *personal* accounts.