 Marketplace / Theory / 1628
1627  |  1629
Subject:
Set Parting Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 2000 21:55:53 GMT

I have a couple of MISB Sphinx Secret Surprises (about 5 of them) that, due to
the relative small market value versus retail, I am considering parting and
selling, rather than selling on EBay. I have never done this before. How do
you tell if the value of the parts is greater than the market value of the
set? I realize that started with an example of the Sphinx set, but is there
any general rule to consider when parting sets?

I realize that when considering a set parting, price of the original and
number of pieces desired for own collection, are aspects to consider. For the
sake of discussion, however, let's assume I want nothing from the set and the
original price (already paid) is of no consequence.

I guess I am asking, from the veterans of set parting, are there any tips for
a beginner? Any rules of thumb?

Thanks

- Craig Livingston