 Marketplace / Theory / 1604
Re: When a hobby becomes a business, cost basis, income taxes, etc.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 21:23:38 GMT

Ben,

    If you have a job already, and you earn more than x (I think it is
500.00),any and all income is considered income, if i ti s not a business,
including E-Bay, Brickbay, etc. You have to pay both state, national, and
maybe local tax, depending on where you live. If you are going to be a
busniess, yuou need to file business tax forms, including state and federal
forms as well. Think well before you start dong this, there is a ton of
paperwork, legalities, etc. It is a pain, let me assure you.

Scott S.
--
Want LEGO Elements at Great Prices?
Visit The Sanburn Systems Company