 Marketplace / Theory / 1579
1578  |  1580
Subject:
Value of 1682 Space Shuttle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 18:00:45 GMT

I've been watching eBay somewhat to try and determine if it is worth
selling a 1682. It looks like it isn't, they've been going for under $50
(well, a NISB one did seem to go for $150 or so recently, but mine
definitely is used). This eBay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=442033145

Suggests to me that I might as well keep the set and break it down for
parts. I don't think that was at all an outrageous price for those
parts, and there's easily at least another $10 worth of parts in my
book. Of course if I keep it, I may have more red lattice columns than
black (well, probably not, I have almost 80 black ones).

I guess what I'm wondering is how many older sets are actually worth
putting together versus just selling the parts. It's beginning to look
like a set with unique parts is worth more than the full set (which also
suggests that if you want a bargain on those parts, look for the full
set, monorail track etc. seems to be another item which it may be
cheaper to buy sets for [with the possible exception of 6399]).

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com