 Marketplace / Theory / 1500
Re: 3900 Lego lots on ebay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 11:38:19 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Scott Arthur writes:
I used to casually track the amount of lego lots on ebay. I have not really
checked it for a couple of months, but I was _very_ surprised to see today that
there are now 3900 lots up for grabs (none are mine).

I call it the "eBay Dow" ...
Only 15 months ago, it was a big deal whenthere were over 1000 lots...

I had noticed last week that prices are low right now - I assumed it was a
Summer lull, but perhaps the large number of lots is also adding to this.

I stagger my auctions now, so as to not get "caught in the glut"

Prices on some things are low....like spare parts and certain minifigs.
Since Frank Filz and the Pirate clans have steped back on their purchasing,
BSBs and Pirate/Imperial fig lots have been dropping in value.  Items such
as Trains, 8480s, 8880s and other "bench mark" items have recovered from a
spring lull.

Many US retailers like Wal-Mart, Target and K-mart seem to have had massive
clearances to clean stock...no good stuff near me, but I don't live in a
major market.

Next weekend is a huge National Holiday in the US...Many sellers plan their
auctions to end during these times...

For the record, I only have 15 lots up, maybe 25 in the next few days...so I
haven't dumped yet = )

Christmas is coming wait til October/November when eBay will probably Spike
from 4000 in Oct to 6000+ in Dec.

Has anyone been more actively looking at this?

I check everyday...lol

Scott A

                      John
              ( johnnyblaze44 on eBay )