 Marketplace / Theory / 1356
Re: What's wrong with eBay's search?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2000 18:05:19 GMT

Per their announcement page at http://www2.ebay.com/aw/announce.shtml :

*** TITLE SEARCH STATUS ***

We are currently experiencing issues with the Title Search. It is sometimes incorrectly
displaying items whose titles do not include the requested words in addition to
displaying the correct matching items.

We are working to address this as quickly and as safely as possible. We will update you
again when more information becomes available.

Regards, eBay

My guess is that their index is corrupted.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com