 Marketplace / Theory / 1353
Re: What's wrong with eBay's search?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2000 16:24:11 GMT

Adam Hoekwater wrote:
Has anyone else had problems recently with searching for items on eBay?
Example #1.
In the search box, I type the following: lego train
It returns a lot of listings for which the title contains both "lego"
and "train", it also gives me listings for Pokemon cards, salad plates, glass
prisms, you name it.

odd - I got 77 hits that seem to be all lego...

Example #2.
In the search box, I type the following: lego 5978
It returns one listing: TIM ROBBINS SIGNED 10X8. Now, he's a fine actor, but
he has nothing to do with lego.

two matches, both correct?

So I tried one more thing.
Example #3.
In the search box, I type the following: TIM ROBBINS SIGNED 10X8
Guess what? I got this:  pj harvey 50ft queenie promo video. I would be very
very angry with eBay if I'd paid them to list something for me, and nobody
could find it. Is it just my machine/connection, or is eBay in some serious
trouble?

I think it's just you... though that is some heavy acid your computer is on....

:)

Dan