 Marketplace / Theory / 1355
Re: What's wrong with eBay's search?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2000 17:03:56 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Adam Hoekwater writes:
Has anyone else had problems recently with searching for items on eBay?
Example #1.
In the search box, I type the following: lego train
It returns a lot of listings for which the title contains both "lego"
and "train", it also gives me listings for Pokemon cards, salad plates, glass
prisms, you name it.

Yup.  Same matches when I search 'lego train'. (75 hits, the 4th was a glass
prism, about halfway down was some salad plates and a CD... didn't check
beyond that)

It's not just the general search that's broken either, the international
search is returning the same sort of random junk mixed in with the actual hits
as well.  The ratio seems to be about 1 in 15 or 20 that's out to lunch.

My search produced about 150 hits less today than yesteday as well.  Taken
along with the mis-matches, it seems like the search is also missing good hits
as well as adding bad ones.

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/
I'm getting paid for this --> alladvantage.com
Sign up via me, the reference $$ go to fund Lugnet.