 Marketplace / Theory / 1195
Re: Trade Auction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 14:04:39 GMT

I don't trade much, but it would seem that the value of the parts offered in
trade would be determined by their value to YOU.  What I mean is that some
parts that are considered "valuable" to some, are useless to me in what I
build.  And likewise, some "useless" parts are valuable to me.

I guess you just have to weight the trade offers against what type of pieces
you are looking for at the time.

Troy

lawrence wilkes <lawrence_wilkes@msn.com> wrote in message
can you have a trade auction?

i.e. I want to trade parts but have had several offers for the same thing.
Besides the difficulty of determining the actual value of the different
offers, is it usual practice to go through an auction like process for • trades?

Or do most folks do it on a first come first served as long as it seems • fair
at the time?

regards
lawrence