 Marketplace / Theory / 1192
  Learning experience on eBay

I just had an auction finish last night for some 12x24 green bases, which had TWO bid retractions on the last day from people who couldn't work out whether the 12x24 was inches or centimetres! (One said she emailed me about it but if she did, I (...) (25 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Learning experience on eBay

On the subject of bid retractions. I've been running auctions of parted out 8448s. I split the 8448 down to 5 lots. With the last one I listed, a bidder try to buy the whole car this way. For the 1st 8 or 9 days he outbid every bidder just a soon as (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Learning experience on eBay

(...) You know you can cancel his bids, Scott? I think you'd be totally justified in doing so. That would maybe be more of a substantive comeback and would protect you from him doing it again. Kevin (24 years ago, 22-Mar-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Learning experience on eBay

(...) I agree, and he can't leave negative feedback for you that way, because it will have to be transaction-based. Rather, you will be able to leave an explanation on why you cancelled his bids--this is one of the good things about eBay being (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.market.theory)