 Marketplace / Theory / 1185
  Trade Auction

can you have a trade auction? i.e. I want to trade parts but have had several offers for the same thing. Besides the difficulty of determining the actual value of the different offers, is it usual practice to go through an auction like process for (...) (25 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Trade Auction

(...) M. Edwards had one for his 12v trains. It may still be on his site (...) (25 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Trade Auction

(...) And it's a canonical example of how not to do it. But it wasn't the auction itself that was flawed, it was the wiggling. (25 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Trade Auction

(...) Obviously due to the inexact nature of trades, one does expect some negotiation, and possibly dealing with multiple offers, but if you want to shake out the best offer, and play offers off against each other, you should indicate that in your (...) (25 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Trade Auction

I don't trade much, but it would seem that the value of the parts offered in trade would be determined by their value to YOU. What I mean is that some parts that are considered "valuable" to some, are useless to me in what I build. And likewise, (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-00, to lugnet.market.theory)