 Marketplace / Theory / 1141
Re: How will Lego Direct Influence Prices?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 05:46:12 GMT

Philip Ogston wrote:

In lugnet.market.theory, James Brown writes:
If firbleflanges are
available at $0.20 each from LD, (even if only in large quantities) then the
people who need firbleflanges will be much less willing to pay $0.50 or $1.00
in auctions.

Maybe, but there might still be people who want 10 firbleflanges who would be
willing to buy from people who had bought 100.

Sorry to drift, but *where* did you get that marvelous word ("firbleflange")?  I
love it.  It's the best one I've heard since "phlogiston."

Erm.  Ahem.  Back to topic...I agree with both, actually--but you'll probably find
an attenuation among the *major* builders, who will always be more interested in
buying fantastic fields of firbleflanges than fifty firbleflanges a fling.fnord

Great thread, though.  It's been in the back of my head for weeks.

best (and mildly slap-happily)

Lindsay