 Marketplace / Theory / 10
    Re: Does auction length matter? —Chris Ernest Hall
   (...) That's very interesting. On what day of the week do you usually begin Auczilla? Have you tried different days? Do you think it matters? Based on what you have said above, do you think it makes more sense to begin your auction on Friday so (...) (25 years ago, 5-May-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: Does auction length matter? —Todd Lehman
   (...) Different every time, unless same by chance. (...) No -- the auctions run for several weeks. (...) If I were running really short auctions, I'd probably want to launch them at 5 a.m. on Monday morning and hope for them to close by Thursday (...) (25 years ago, 5-May-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: Does auction length matter? —Steve Bliss
   (...) Rilly? I'd want to make sure that the auction runs over both the weekend and weekdays, to catch both at-work and at-home surfers. Steve (25 years ago, 6-May-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: Does auction length matter? —Todd Lehman
   (...) Isn't one a subset of the other? Who's on the net only on weekends but never during the work week (say, in the evenings)? I guess a study would be in order. :) --Todd (25 years ago, 6-May-99, to lugnet.market.theory)