 Marketplace / Shopping / 9653
9652  |  9654
Subject:
New 4588 Racers blue hub, tracks (was Re: Star Wars)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 4 Jul 2002 23:22:44 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral, Joe Meno writes:
The Glenwood Walmart got the new sets in, too! Saw:

8469 Slammer Raptor
8471 Nitro Burner
4589 Nitro Flash
4588 Off-Road Race Track

The $50 Off-Road Race Track 4588 finally reveals the blue-hubbed racer. It
also has a nifty segmented track system. It comes with 9 straights and about
10 other track pieces. Oh, it's in the S@H catalog. As with 6600 (Highway
Construction/Bridge to Nowhere) these attract. 4587 was there too.

Also appearing, the Jack Stone Boeing 737, er, A.I.R. Patrol. The windows
are painted on, but, it's a wide-body jet (8 wide?) with white wing plates.
Sections of the fuselage are giant bricks, but at least one portion is a
giant hinge.

The plane doesn't look TOO bad. It might be a workable basis for a minifig
737. But don't hold me to that.

Some kids in the aisle were eager to tell me details they learned from the
S@H catalog. Heh heh.

-Erik