 Marketplace / Shopping / 9529
  NYC Trawling for fun and Lego

Jonathan Lopes & I checked out my favorite out-of-the-way Lego shopping hole. It is a great time capsule, a veritable Slow Glass of Lego, albeit picked over. They still have Exploriens Starships. Many Star Wars sets but no X-Wing or Snowspeeder. (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jun-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: NYC Trawling for fun and Lego

(...) Did this remain nameless on purpose? (...) This might be a good focus issue for a GardenSLUG meeting! Is there somewhere nearby to meet? Chris FUT .gardenslug (22 years ago, 2-Jun-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: NYC Trawling for fun and Lego

wow! very well written Erik. I had a dream last night that we found a few X-wings but left them behind for some $8.40 priced MTT's because I liked the parts better..... Then I woke up... Best, Jonathan (who is still thinking about those Explorian (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jun-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: NYC Trawling for fun and Lego

Will someone please explain why people like the poster tell us of our Lego dreams come true, but withhold the info. Either tell us where to go or don't screw with our minds. If I said I knew where to get USC X-Wings at 18.40 a pieces and there were (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jun-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: NYC Trawling for fun and Lego

Hint: if you search this newsgroup for my old posts, you will find the location of the secret rebel base. Or maybe it was a wretched hive of shelf wear and infamy? It could have been a Toys R Us. But I warn you: in previous posts I have given lists (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jun-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: NYC Trawling for fun and Lego

(...) Hello Jeremy, The store we visited yesterday was TRU in NYC. If you are flying in from AZ, I would be happy to give you directions to the store. I don't recall myself or Erik mentioning *hordes* of this set, or an extreme discount (like the (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jun-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: NYC Trawling for fun and Lego

Jonathan, Erik et al: I happened upon a Target in our area last night and found... no sh*t... a Mindstorms 2.0 for $49.99. Nothing missing, box wasn't opened. Nothing else on sale. I couldn't believe my friggin' eyes. And yes, I bought it. Wanted (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jun-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: NYC Trawling for fun and Lego

We left it there for you... No really we hadn't eaten lunch yet so that Target was bypassed. Wow! Jonathan's staying home. I'm going to Brickfest. -Erik (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jun-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: NYC Trawling for fun and Lego

Oops... So you found it at THAT Target. All I got was a red sticker just now. Last Saturday that spot was empty and labeled $99, now it's Mindstorms $49 and empty except for 4561. Jonathan reports no goodies at the other Target aside from $9 6775s, (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jun-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)