 Marketplace / Shopping / 9479
Re: 7153-Jango Fett's Slave I $24.88 at Target
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 20 May 2002 00:11:26 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, John Herre writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, William Toenjes writes:
Target Stores ad May 19-25

7153-Jango Fett's Slave I $24.88!!!
I dunno why so cheap but at 50% off I bought 3-Happy early Father's Day to
me, get yours while they last :)

This was a mistake by Target; it was supposed to be 8011 Jango Fett for $24.88.
My local Target has already changed the display to indicate that 8011 is on
sale instead of 7153, but they didn't change it in their computer yet.

   I love mistakes like this.  It's the danger of having such an enormous
   operation--if you don't check your Ts and Is to make sure they're crossed
   and dotted, you've only got yourself to blame when customers come in for
   the sale!  (Heck, even the *signage* referred to 7153, and the sets did
   scan at the advertised $24.88!)

   I'm glad I got my two--I had almost expected that something like this
   might have been the original intent.  It's nice to have a "happy accident"
   like this happen, because there's no need to feel guilty about getting a
   good deal.  :)  Viva la consumer!

   I'll bet you could still get one at that price if you made a stink--
   it *is* a national advertisement, after all, and all the mea culpas
   in the world don't absolve the chain of such a complete and massive
   error--legally, I think it'd be the equivalent of a bait-and-switch,
   which is AFAIK illegal.

   LFB