 Marketplace / Shopping / 9301
Re: Unauthorized Star Wars In San Diego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 7 Apr 2002 04:24:12 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Daniel Crichton writes:
"Matt Hein" <Pyrokid17@hotmail.com> wrote in message

BTW, I think the release deate for the sets is the release week for • Episode
Two. Remember Harry Potter, they didn't actually start selling the sets
until at least a month or so before the movie was released.

I thought the release date for the Ep II sets had already been announced by
LEGO as April 23rd. I'm sure I read that somewhere - but I can't remember
where. Starwars.com lists the sets as available as of May, but I had the
23rd April marked on my calendar at work to remind me to go to TRU :)

Dan

Hello All,
I was able last week to pick up the following AOTC sets at a WalMart outside
of Chicago, IL.
7133 - Bounty Hunter Pursuit - Have not opened
7153 - Jango Fett''s Slave 1 - built this one - kind of lame
7103 - Jedi Duel - Have not opened
7113 - Tusken Encounter - Have not opened

The official release date for the first wave (besides sneak peaks of course)
of all AOTC toys is April 23rd at midnight.
There is an article about WalMart selling early here:

http://www.theforce.net/collecting/

A little further down on same page they list the TRUs that will be opening
at midnight for "Midnight Madness"

Thanks
Tom