 Marketplace / Shopping / 9283
9282  |  9284
Subject:
Unauthorized Star Wars In San Diego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 15:07:46 GMT

Last night my fiancee and I went to Wal-Mart (Poway). We had been there on
Saturday and only saw some UCS Yodas so I didn't really expect to find
anything. When we got to the Lego area I saw that the Yodas had been moved
to the risers. On closer inspection there were 2 Yodas and stacked under
them were 2 Republic Gunships.

So first I try try to stand on the bottom shelf and reach these sets. Which
draws much fretting and disapproving stares from my fiancee. So then I went
to the nearby display of stepladders grabbed one and used that to reach the
prize.

Long story short, some West Coast Wal-Marts may have broken the street date
on the SWEII Star Wars stuff.

Good Hunting

Matt Hamand