 Marketplace / Shopping / 9297
Re: Unauthorized Star Wars In San Diego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 6 Apr 2002 14:32:35 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Matthew Hamand writes:
Last night my fiancee and I went to Wal-Mart (Poway). We had been there on
Saturday and only saw some UCS Yodas so I didn't really expect to find
anything. When we got to the Lego area I saw that the Yodas had been moved
to the risers. On closer inspection there were 2 Yodas and stacked under
them were 2 Republic Gunships.

So first I try try to stand on the bottom shelf and reach these sets. Which
draws much fretting and disapproving stares from my fiancee. So then I went
to the nearby display of stepladders grabbed one and used that to reach the
prize.

Long story short, some West Coast Wal-Marts may have broken the street date
on the SWEII Star Wars stuff.

Good Hunting

Matt Hamand

THey have been found in Phoenix to. I went to one of the Walmarts near my
house and found theses sets. Oh yeah I wanted them. So I went to the
register and the person at the counter took the set from em and said we can
not sell it to you. WHAT! I went and talked to the manager on duty, he was
unavailable, so I talked to this floor agent who was wearing the legendary
vest. She saw the sets and said that if they are on the floor then they
should be in the computer.

I was about 10 seconds from talking her into letting me get the sets at the
price of the walker set, but then the other person at the gun desk noticed
that they were of the new starwars sets and told her that they can not be sold.

Man that really bites. Guess I will have to wait. Any one know what the
release date is?