 Marketplace / Shopping / 9095
Re: Forget 3033 get one one of these 5800 Piece boxes!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 05:35:37 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Troy Cefaratti writes:
Is it me, or is there not really anyway to just order these things?

Troy

Two thoughts here:

1) Check out the "Who's using this?" and short sell the heck out of the
companies listed.  I htink you're guaranteed a good return on your initial
investment.  With the proceeds, you'll greatly increase your brick
purchasing power.

2) We need a "straw man" - someone working for a management consulting firm
to a front in completing the "parthership" inquiry on the site and report
back.  I'm expecting that the all highs that came up with this grand concept
are going to screen inquiries and not bother with any "non-serious"
inquiries.  My guess there's some substantial licensing/"franchising" fee
involved - after all, you're getting all those customized instructional
materials to go with the bricks. They could then report back.  It could be
that even WITH the manuals and fees, the per brick price might be better
than some of the latest sets..... ;)

............Hey, maybe I've missed the point.  With all the Lego bricks I've
got kicking around I could be using my college education and experience and
charging clueless executives a fortune to play with Legos instead of trying
to teach a bunch of elementary school kids something for token remunerations
- but then I still prefer even the spoiled, brattier, self-centered kids (a
minority of the total) to most senior executives - think REALLY spoiled,
bratty, self-centered AND self-important adults (a majority of the total).
But then working on Wall Street may have unduly prejudiced my outlook.......
lol.