 Local / United Kingdom / 7791
Re: Forget 3033 get one one of these 5800 Piece boxes!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 03:06:49 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Mark Calladine writes:
In lugnet.loc.uk, Jason Briscoe writes:
Forget 3033 get one one of these 5800 Piece boxes! =
http://www.seriousplay.com/apps_rti_products.html

Hey, those are great sets!
Can we buy them or is it a schools thing?

Cheers
Mark

Isn't this the new Lego move into management consulting?????   Teach
executives how to manage better by "playing with Legos"

I sense a HUGE ironic twist to this.  TLC could've saved all the development
costs in coming up with manuals and such and made a TON of money by simply
selling these boxes of Legos to the die-hard obsessed fans.  But give it
time. Maybe they'll have to clear out a warehouse full of these sets when
they realize that not very many companies are willing to PAY their
executives to play with Legos.  I mean, it's hard enough to explain
Mindstorms to parents in middle school......do you think stockholders are
going to be thrilled with executives who blatantly squander corporate funds
"playing with Legos" as part of the latest management consulting fad????
That may have worked in the go-go obscenely profitable nineties but now?  If
you're going to loot the company a la Enron, you at least TRY to look
professional while you're doing it.

IMHO, If TLC can dedicate packaging time to this endeavor, they can come up
with some Technic bulk tubs.