 Marketplace / Shopping / 8984
Re: Cheap LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 05:02:00 GMT

"Maggie Cambron" <mcambron@pacbell.net> wrote in message
In lugnet.org.us.texlug, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
In lugnet.org.us.texlug, William P. (Pat) Hough writes:

[  ... snipped ... ]

Yeah, y'all should read through the TM threads in market.shopping where • this
has been discussed at length (and where I'm x-posting this).  TJA is • right,
they are unveiling more merchandise next Tuesday.  I made it in this past
Tuesday afternoon and saw NO LEGO at mine.  What I did see were many • shelves
taped over with butcher paper with signs on them saying to come back next
Tuesday for even more bargains.  I'm losing patience with these sales • tactics--
I fear they're going to drive me to become a LEGO Shopping Curmudgeon. • Ick.

Maggie C.

The papered over shelves is very common at TM.  All of the new stuff is
always taped over until the "opening" day.  Stuff on the shelves that you
can buy before the opening day is either (a) leftover from previous sales or
(b) unadvertised.  YMMV.

Mike

http://www.nclug.net - North Carolina LEGO Users Group
http://www.carolinatrainbuilders - Carolina Train Builders