 Marketplace / Shopping / 8623
Re: RIS 2.0 on clearance at Best Buy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 28 Dec 2001 06:33:02 GMT

Matt Penney wrote:

In lugnet.market.shopping, John Gerlach writes:

Best Buy stores that still have the RIS 2.0 set have it marked down to $64.50...
Good luck
JohnG, GMLTC

To my delight I was able to get a RCX kit at Best Buy.  Now I am just
noticing that the RCX brick is labelled 1.0  :(  Did I still get a good
deal?  and is there a huge difference between the two sets?

Actually, you got a better deal. My understanding is that the 2.0 brick
is identical except for being "upgraded" in the *removal* of the AC
power input (it uses batteries only). You can save a lot of cash using
electricity to power the RCX for all testing and prototyping, and only
using batteries when necessary. So that :( should really be a :)

Rick Clark
(who rushed out to the local BB, and also scored a set! Thanks JohnG,
and lugnet.shopping!)