 Marketplace / Shopping / 8539
Re: 3033: 15.88
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 03:24:26 GMT

"Bert Waters" <lhwaters@hsc.vcu.edu> wrote in message
news:GoMHD2.LE9@lugnet.com...

[ ... snipped ... ]

Hey Greg, We only purchased 18 or so tubs between us at full price in the
last few months. I suspect Wamalugers or NC lugers swarmed our TRU • stockpile
and depleted the bulk payload which must have been 80+ tubs in September. • I
almost orderer several tubs on the 17th too. I followed an ebay auction • for
one of the special silver edition tubs with 1201 bricks that sold for over
$41 this week.

[ ... snipped ... ]

I don't think it was anyone from our neck of the woods, if it was, they
haven't mentioned it.  I suspect the reason they are gone is that people
(like regular people, not the die hard LEGO fans) buy them.  It has been a
while since I have seen any here in the Raleigh area.  I picked up three at
the Cary TRU when they got some stock in just before Thanksgiving.  All of
the tubs they had were gone within a week or so.

Mike

http://www.nclug.net - North Carolina LEGO Users Group
http://www.carolinatrainbuilders - Carolina Train Builders
http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?u=mpw - Brick Depot