 Marketplace / Shopping / 8123
Re: Cheap RIS sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 00:36:28 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, John Heins writes:
Confirming a post earlier, Comp USA (White Plains NY in this case) has RIS
1.5 sets at $139. A bunch in stock.   Dark Side Dev. Sets are still
(relatively) overpriced at $75.  Only a few around.

The peons on hand were not clear, but this might be available thru phone
sales (I could NOT get a rational answer about acceptance of school district
PO's, but then they changed their whole small business sales approach a
while back, centralizing it in Dallas I think - NOT in a positive way - a
few companies I know stopped dealing with them)

When the employee at the store I visited (Vacaville, CA) discovered I was
looking for good deals on Mindstorms, the first thing he asked was, "Is this
for your school?", which made me assume that they are used to handling PO's.
Then when I didn't seem impressed by the price he offered to take the extra $20
off (there was only one set left, which I declined).  I thought they were
unusually helpful-- this hasn't always been my impression.

- do they have a web site?

Yes, but when I looked a few days ago there was no RIS listed.

Maggie