 Marketplace / Shopping / 7667
Re: New (?) Lego store in Chicago
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 16:53:27 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Jason Spears wrote:

...  although I should think the staff would be
a little more knowledgable.  Not to say that they were clueless, just that they
didn't know some set numbers I was asking about, they did know the names
though which is alright.  Last time I was there I bought 17 6498 ( a little
Go-Cart thing), they were a little puzzled, asking me if I was going to be
having a birthday party or something?  I told them about the manufactoring
plant I was working on and they didn't exactly get that a 21yr old would be
still playing, err I mean building with Lego.

I've been to the Chicago store, and I think 'clueless' is a good label
for most of the employees I encountered.  Maybe I was just there at a
bad time, but the low knowledge levels and poor attitudes really
surprised me -- I expected better from a LEGO store.

Steve