 Marketplace / Shopping / 7661
7660  |  7662
Subject:
New (?) Lego store in Chicago
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 22:00:12 GMT

I meant to post about this as soon as I returned, but things got in the way.

There is a Lego store in Chicago, in the Northbridge center (about 800 Michigan
Ave?) along the "Miracle Mile" or whatever they are calling that shopping area
these days. It is fairly close to the Chicago River, in any case (10 minutes
walk from the downtown Hyatt Regency)

I visited there in mid-may, by accident - there is a Lego sculpture of a
security guard in the lobby, and the live guard told me there was a Lego store
on the third floor. So I go up, and I see the usual large sculptures outside -
octopus, etc. They also have a Jefferson (or is it Lincoln) Memorial and down
the hall, a copy of the White House.

Inside the store, there are replicas of some of the more famous Chicago
skyscrapers. The things that caught my eye immediately werethe two 2x2x5
lattive towers (part 2586\5?) in WHITE!!!!! Not red, grey, or black, but white!

They were well-stocked with all themes, including Scala, Belleville, the big
sculpture sets (Statue of Liberty/Dragon/Minifig), and lots of
accessories/doohickies for Mindstorms (temperature sensors, etc)

Lots of kids clothes, some few adult sizes - and "Lego Chicago" baseball caps.

Play areas outside and inside the store, lots of neato old parts no longer
available in sets in the bins...

Full stock of keychains/pencils/pens/watches/etc.

At the times, Scala shoulder bags and mini-purses were on sale.

I'll be back in Chicago at the end of September; leave me a few things, OK??
Has anyone else been there? or known about it?

Thanks,
Paul Sinasohn
LUGNET #115