 Marketplace / Shopping / 7581
  Costco: Where's the LEGO?

Greetings: I visited my first Costco this last weekend, as they are (slowly) making their way into central Texas. I was hoping to find a shelf filled with their latest clearance items as identified here in .shopping. However, not only did I find no (...) (23 years ago, 1-Jun-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Costco: Where's the LEGO?

It would seem that they are mail order items - the local two in SoCal I can get to easily don't have any Lego either. They tend to only stock that kind of stuff somewhere early in the Christmas season. Bruce (...) (23 years ago, 1-Jun-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Costco: Where's the LEGO?

Where in Central Texas? I'm in Austin. Ron (...) (23 years ago, 1-Jun-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Costco: Where's the LEGO?

(...) I'm not a member, however they still list items on (URL) The Lego Sea Scorpion, Celestial Stinger, Planetary Prowler and Arachnoid Starbase all list for $14.99 each on the site. I believe non-member can order for a 5% markup. Dave (23 years ago, 1-Jun-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Costco: Where's the LEGO?

Sorry, looks like they just removed the Arachnoid Starbase, while I was posting this... Dave (23 years ago, 1-Jun-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Costco: Where's the LEGO?

(...) Well, this probably isn't terribly relevant but I've had the same experience with BJ's (I dunno how popular it is out west, but here in the northeast it's a big Costco competitor). They seem to have a very fluctuating toy section-- it moves (...) (23 years ago, 1-Jun-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Costco: Where's the LEGO?

(...) Those items were available only through the website (costco.com). However, I believe they are all sold out and have been for some time. --Bill. (23 years ago, 1-Jun-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Costco: Where's the LEGO?

Lego usually shows up in Costco in July. Sometimes they have some good deals, sometimes only so-so. Rose "Naji Norder" <n.norder@computer.org> wrote in message news:GE9DH3.Fsy@lugnet.com... (...) not (...) where (...) a (...) (23 years ago, 1-Jun-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Costco: Where's the LEGO?

I live in north Austin, up 183 near Oak Knoll. There is a Costco under construction on 183 between Braker and Duval. The one I visited was in Southlake, though, a DFW suburb. (Visiting family last weekend.) They were giving away 1 year memberships (...) (23 years ago, 1-Jun-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus)

  Re: Costco: Where's the LEGO?

I'm heading down to College Station for graduate school at Texas A&M this fall, please LMK if you guys are planning a layout or show in the future, I'd love to drive over and see it! Also, there are 2 Costcos in Houston, you can find them and their (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)