 Marketplace / Shopping / 7586
Re: Costco: Where's the LEGO?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 19:24:12 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Naji Norder writes:
I visited my first Costco this last weekend, as they are (slowly) making
their way into central Texas.  I was hoping to find a shelf filled with
their latest clearance items as identified here in .shopping.  However, not
only did I find no LEGO sets, I could not even identify a toy section where
things like that could reside.

Well, this probably isn't terribly relevant but I've had the same experience
with BJ's (I dunno how popular it is out west, but here in the northeast
it's a big Costco competitor). They seem to have a very fluctuating toy
section-- it moves from place to place and grows and shrinks in size very
randomly. Sometimes there's Lego, sometimes not-- although I've never seen
any tremendous deals. It's always been only slightly cheap so I've never
actually gotten any there... I'd probably guess Costco would be the same
way, but dunno...

DaveE