 Marketplace / Shopping / 7139
Re: Alpha Team Rebate (Was Re: Blue Tub sale at TRU?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 13:52:14 GMT

I think that it is someone having their email forwarded.

Rose
"Aaron West" <maniac@netwebb.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.market.shopping, Maggie Cambron writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Aaron West writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Maggie Cambron writes:

Did you see the rebate forms for $10 off any $30 Alpha Team purchase? • They
were in the LEGO aisle at the TRU I visited yesterday.  Purchase must • be made
by April 30 and you need the rebate form, UPC, and receipt.  It appears • the
purchase doesn't necessarily have to be from a TRU.

4 out of five TRU stores had NO idea what I was talking about regarding • the
rebate.  The one that did know took a half an hour to find the box that • the
big cardboard display was sent in and dig to the bottom of the trash. • She
found them and gave me the three that I asked for.  The rest of them are
without a clue here in Southern California.  One store gave me ten off • at
the register (long before I knew there was a coupon) just because I had • the
Mania mag ad.  TRU time and time again shows that the people in the • stores
don't know squat (here at least).  Oh well...

Yeah, the situation was similar here in Northern California.  The TRU • closest
to where I live didn't have a clue each of the three times I asked about • it.  I
happened to find the forms displayed at the TRU in South Sacramento.  At • least
you got the ten off at that one store-- I doubt my local TRU would be so
obliging.

Maggie

Well apparently TLC or somebody in relation to this offer is scanning our
lil' ol' LUGNET pages, cause I got an email this evening regarding the $10
off rebate from somebody named Darrly Harms who told me to email Justin
Maier at jmaier@agricore.com, the message said they would be happy to help
resolve the matter.  So I guess LUGNET has a purpose after all...
:o)
Aaron
P.S.
The 6776 Ogel Control Center just rocks!  I think I'll be posting a review
of this one tomorrow, but of interest is the free gift offer included.
there is a flyer inside that tells you how to apply,  so we'll see what • that
is about!
My next wish list will include 3 collectible mini-hero sets for this line,
methinks.
Best wishes all!