 Marketplace / Shopping / 6709
Re: WalMart yet again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 18:35:21 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Ed Koch writes:
Since WalMart has decided to implement a "rule" that is not listed anywhere on
their website, I thought I would pass a little tidbit onto you all in the • hopes
that most or all of you take advantage of this. We placed orders for the • 8458's
at the $85.00 and were shocked out of our mind to see the price at $27.85. We
also ordered 4561's at the $65.00 price, only to see them at $45.00 a few days
later. We decided to call WalMart just to see if we could get them to credit • us
the difference between the old and the new price. I know this seems pathetic
given the fact they had already reduced both sets by 50%, but it was worth a
try right? Well right we were...they issued a credit for the 4561's with no
trouble at all, but would not give us credit for the 8458's because we placed
the order over 30 days ago (12-14 to be exact). We are still trying to get • them
to do it since their website makes no mention of this "30-day limit" to price
protection, and their own return policy seems extremely lenient. The • bottomline
to this message is that if you ordered either set, or any set for that matter
and WalMart had reduced the price, AND your order is not older than 30 days, • by
all means call them and ask them to credit you the difference. Please • overwhelm
them with requests for credit. It is obvious that they hope most of you will
feel guilty having got the 50% off price that you wouldn't fathom requesting
the 83% off price! All I can add is that those of you lucky enough to have
waited until 12/23/00 to place your order stand to make a killing! :)

I am replying to this message to give you an update. Walmart REFUSES to credit
the difference. I can't stress this enough to the rest of you....CALL THEM NOW
BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE. Are AFOLs cheap? You bet we are!