 Marketplace / Shopping / 6641
  How safe is PayPal?

Hi, I'm starting to look at making Brickbay purchases, and it looks like PayPal might be faster and more convenient than sending a personal check (and waiting for it to arrive and then clear). Does this seem to be a safe, reliable means of payment? (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: How safe is PayPal?

Brad, I have never had a problem with it, in the 1+ year I have used it. In fact, my business had not had any problems with credit cards acrtivities yet either, or paypal. So it is safe, as far as i amn concerned. Some people have problems with it, (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: How safe is PayPal?

Brad, Look at your credit card statements, do they show an extended zip code (+4)? If so, you won't be able to use Paypal until you call your bank and have them change it to -0000 because Paypal has a verification system which can't recognize more (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: How safe is PayPal?

(...) I think that's a bit overblown... While I have issues with their fee structure (especially since international buyers can ONLY fund accounts with credit cards, meaning that I can't get more than 100 from an international buyer period) I don't (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: How safe is PayPal?

Why can't you get more than $100 period? Do what I did, set up a Premier and a standard account. ONLY use the Premier for CC funded payments, and charge 2% extra when people use it (which just about covers the charges from PayPal averaged out over (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)