 Marketplace / Shopping / 6595
Re: eToys sale prices on the rise
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 23:37:58 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Ray Sanders writes:
Did anyone else get an email from eToys like this ...

We wanted to let you know that, due to the positive
response to our January clearance sale, all or a portion
of your order may take a bit longer to process than
usual.  As a result, it may not arrive until at or near the
end of the promised shipping window.

I wonder if they overbooked the orders, or the shipping dept got swamped.

Ray

I received the same e-mail this morning for both of my orders. I was a little
curious so I went to track the status of the orders on the etoys site. Sure
enough, both shipped today, but I still haven't received a shipping
confirmation e-mail (etoys is usually pretty bad about sending these in a
timely manner).

Also, they are no longer using UPS for standard shipping. My orders were
shipped using USPS Parcel Select. Yikes, 5-12 days!!!

-Todd