 Marketplace / Shopping / 6426
Re: Race 'Value Pack' spotted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 19:52:58 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Ray Sanders wrote:

In lugnet.market.shopping, Ray Sanders writes:
The name of the store is Pick n Save. I know there
are a number of these stores in north Florida.

D'oh !   OK, scratch that store name, the correct name of this store is 'SAVE-A-
LOT' (staring at store receipt). Now where did I get that other store name from
?

I believe Pik'n'Save is a chain in California.

There's also a convenience store called Grab-n-Git in Ionia, Michigan, but
that's beside the point.

Steve

Pic N Save is an entirely different animal in Southern California.
Everywhere else it is a grocery chain (different spelling I think, different
owner), but here it is a closeout retailer owned by the soon to be previous
owner of KB Toys (called Consolidated Stores, INC.)  It is UNLIKELY that the
SoCal stores will offer the same stuff as the grocery outlet, but they may
have some grocery items at or very near past the "do not sell by" date
(eeewww)!  If you've ever heard of Big Lots, you know what I mean...  Any of
those companies associated with KB are likely to be a little wierd.
Aaron