 Marketplace / Shopping / 531
530  |  532
Subject:
Today's S@H Experience
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 15:35:43 GMT

This one isn't new news, for those of you paying attention.  It's a
reiteration of past experience.

I haven't been ordering from Shop At Home lately, because of the poor phone
specials, and because I haven't been buying much LEGO at all (other than
the Star Wars sets).  So it had been awhile since I talked to those
wonderful people in Enfield.  Or those not-so-wonderful people in the
'overflow' service.

In fact, I had lost the slip of paper I kept in wallet with the 'real' S@H
phone number, and so I had to call the general number, printed in the
catalog.  From her surly tone and drill-sargeant approach to collecting my
billing info, I was pretty sure the person on the other end of the phone
was an overflow 'droid.  I knew for sure when she wouldn't give me the
Technic Search Sub at the sale price.  So I canceled the order, and got off
the phone.

I did some deja-diving, and quickly (for once!) turned up the alternate
phone number for S@H.  I called back, got the hold-or-call-Consumer-Affairs
message (who'd'a thunk I'd be happy to get put on hold?), and was quickly
connected to a real LEGO operator.  She was very friendly, right on top of
things, knew what the heck I was talking about, and processed my order. :)

So people, don't go messing around with that number in the catalog.  Be
sure to use the *right* number, 1-800-835-4386.

BTW, she said there are *three* different summer catalogs.  Anyone got all
three?

Steve