 Marketplace / Shopping / 5257
5256  |  5258
Subject:
LEGO Ties (was: Re: Specials at The Store 30 August)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 20:28:31 GMT

Dear LEGO,

In lugnet.market.shopping, Abraham Friedman writes:
I was at the store last week and bought all three ties.  I scanned in
pictures of each one:

<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=1229>

I had heard about these ties, but hadn't seen the pictures posted before I went
to the LEGO store this weekend.  I was actually very disappointed with them.
Yes, it's cool that LEGO ties exist (I wanted one as soon as I heard they
existed), but I think the designs available are ugly and loud.  All three
designs scream, "My kid bought this for me for Father's Day and I have to wear
it at least once to appease my wife."  There's no way I would be seen around my
office wearing these ties.  I decided not to buy any of them even though
getting one was the main purpose of my trip to the store.

What I think would make a great LEGO tie would be something like Todd Lehman's
Fibblesnork backgrounds of tiled bricks
(http://www.fibblesnork.com/lego/backgrounds/) on silk ties in a variety of
different colors.  The geometric, one-color design is quiet and classy enough
to wear to a business meeting, yet still has the subtly playful LEGO theme.  I
would buy several colors of these and not think twice about wearing them to
work.

--Mike