 Marketplace / Shopping / 5082
Re: US TRU shipping prices
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 10 Sep 2000 18:38:47 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Larry Pieniazek writes:
http://www89.toysrus.com/handler.cfm?sn=pg_zoom&gid=ID689&int_product_id=ID22032#

(unwrap it, then click on "click here" to review our shipping prices. They
make it hard to set up a link to the page. Gee I wonder why? :-)

Wow, that's nasty.  And the URL it actually goes to isn't all that complicated,

   http://www89.toysrus.com/browse/dsp_shipping_options.cfm

except it's got this annoying "Close window?" thingie that pops up whenever
the page loses focus.

I dunno if BrickWise(tm) could somehow track how onerous shipping charges
are... it DEFINITELY is a factor, especially if the per item charge is
substantial so that adding items doesn't help bring the shipping down to a
reasonable per unit level.

It's possible -- if it's defined well and pick-apart-able enough to apply
to a set.  TRU's shipping policy looks like it might work there.  But then
there's the thing about free shipping coupons (someone else just mentioned
it about ZB, I think?)  Ideally, you'd wanna see a lower & upper bound, ya?

I can see shipping calculations as a major can of worms -- but not a
theoretically intractable problem to solve.

--Todd