 Marketplace / Shopping / 5078
Re: US TRU shipping prices
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 10 Sep 2000 13:33:16 GMT

Actually, Zany Brainy is higher.  They charge the $3.00 base fee, plus $1.50
per each "small" item.  I found this out by trying to order 100 Oasis Ambush
sets when they were on sale.  The sets would have cost me $400.  Shipping
would have cost me $153.

As one can imagine, I did not place this order.  I sent them a nasty gram
about their ridiculous shipping charges instead, which I still haven't
gotten a reply to.  I did, however, get pointed to a coupon code for free
shipping and placed the order.  Of course, I only got 33 out of the 100 they
let me order, but that is a whole other story.

On a similar note, KB Kids.com also charges a $3.00 base fee plus $1.50 per
item.  But they seem to have an upper threshold on shipping charges.  A
recent order for 30 sets would have yielded a shipping charge of $48 using
the above method, but the site only calculated the shipping as $27.  A more
sensible charge, in my opinion.

TRU doesn't seem to do this though.

Troy

Check Out Troy's Surplus Lego:
http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=mnementh

Or my current eBay auctions:
http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewListedItems&userid=mnementh2
--
"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message
Is it just me or are these prices kind of steep? Does anyone know an • e-tailer
of any size that charges higher ones?

To me, these prices make Pitsco shipping start to look reasonable (it's • not,
but you get the idea)

http://www89.toysrus.com/handler.cfm?
sn=pg_zoom&gid=ID689&int_product_id=ID22032#

(unwrap it, then click on "click here" to review our shipping prices. They
make it hard to set up a link to the page. Gee I wonder why? :-)

I dunno if BrickWise(tm) could somehow track how onerous shipping charges
are... it DEFINITELY is a factor, especially if the per item charge is
substantial so that adding items doesn't help bring the shipping down to a
reasonable per unit level.

++Lar