 Marketplace / Shopping / 4805
Re: sale @ etoys.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 5 Aug 2000 23:42:35 GMT

Mark Sandlin wrote:

Watch out for those shipping prices! I was all prepared to buy 4 Naboo Swamp
sets until I discovered that shipping would be $15.00.

Kind of takes the "sale" out of the sale. The way I figure it, they're not
paying for store space if they're online, so why do they need to charge all
the extra $ for shipping?

~Mark

Huh...That's weird.  Did you pick the standard or the express shipping?  I was
just poking around, and picked standard, which was ~$7, not very cheap for 4
Naboo Swamp sets.  Looking at their shipping scheme, it is $3 base for standard,
+$0.95 per small item, $1.50 per medium item, or $2.50 per large item.  The
express is $6 base, with the add ons $1 more (i.e. $1.95 for small).

Well, until they lower these prices some more, or put the x-wing or snowspeeder
on sale, I'll be shopping elsewhere.

Toki