 Marketplace / Shopping / 4601
4600  |  4602
Subject:
F(s)OTW(s)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 16 Jul 2000 14:33:13 GMT

I've been fairly silent for a while now and have just been reading the Lugnet
groups for a few weeks without posting. But seeing as I've posted the DAT file
for a creation of mine I might as well post my latest acquisitions too.

I've been on something of a buying binge the past few weeks, spending much
more than I really should be considering how little money I really have, but
it's a sickness and admitting my problem is the first step to a cure, right?
Whatever.

So, I've been scrounging through disount aisles with almost religious fervor
trying to find that "perfect deal" and this is what I've come out of the store
with lately:

6975 Alien Avenger, picked up at a K Mart for $20.00 after 20% taken off of
the already reduced price.
6180 Hydro Search Sub, for $15 (the deal from Wal Mart that everyone knows
about) - Ironically this is the purchase I feel the most wishy-washy toward...
I probably should have held back on it.
5298 and 5925 - Bi-Wing Baron and Pontoon Plane, from another K Mart for a few
buck off.
7130 Snowspeeder, from eBay for a substantial discount and also containing an
extra Luke, Biggs, Y-Wing Pilot, and R2D2 for some reason.
3052 Ninja's Fire Fortress, from another K Mart. It was outside in a kiddie
pool with the other toys on discount. The box had been very damaged by water
and was open and I convinced them to sell it to me for 40% off the reduced
price instead of 20% off - $15
3050 Shanghai Surprise (The worst Ninja set name?) from K Mart again - $6.40

Getting sets at the correct price from these K Marts has been a chore, I
frequently have to call the clerk's attention to the sticker with the correct
price and that they were pulled from the clearance aisle. Furthermore, this
always seems to happen when there is a long line of frustrated looking people
behind me.

Might not look like a lot to some of you, but on my wages it sure is.
Hopefully I can get these obsessions under wraps before I end up starving
myself.