 Marketplace / Shopping / 4493
4492  |  4494
Subject:
Good deal on Castle item (heads up Castle Heads!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 8 Jul 2000 11:09:51 GMT

Hey Y'all:

I note that the Summer 2000 catalogue has the #4811 Defense Archer for $1.99
USD each.  At the same time the page is marked "Buy any 5 items ... and save
$4!  Buy 10 items and save $8!"  -- which is essentially the same discount to
these tired eyes, eh?

But now my point: if one was to order qty. 10 (for eample -- but its the same
deal at qty. 5, BTW) of #4811s for $19.90 USD, save $8 on the discount for a
total of $11.90 -- that's $1.19 each!  I note that some castle enthusiasts are
willing to pay up to $1 or more for shields in recent parts auctions (Auczilla
comes to mind) -- but here they can not only score the shields for that price,
but get the rest of the set to boot! AND this set includes a large 4x4 black
turntable, two of those black lantern bricks, a dark grey 2x2 medium slope, a
grey axle brick (w/ cross at center), two dark grey crossbows, an archer
complete with English-styled Renaissance helmet and brown quiver, two 4x4
green plates, AND the Lion triangle shield!!!  Just be sure to lump it in with
a nice juicy order so that the shipping doesn't hurt your savings much.

What more can one ask at that price?

Well, if they gave you an X-acto knife you could scrape off all the wacky
Prince Valiant-esque hair on the archer's little mini head and end up with a
nice wry-faced fellow who doesn't look quite so "girlie" -- and trim that left
eyebrow too and it's even better. Finish the little guy up with a quick polish
against your jeans and voila...trust me, it looks WAY cool!

-- Richard (the sleep of reason...)