 Marketplace / Shopping / 4252
Re: TRU Canada 20% off sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 17 Jun 2000 02:19:41 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Dylan Bradley writes:

Yikes! Only til' the sixteenth?!

I'd better get my gears a-twirlin'

I made out pretty well.  Went in at the start of the sale, and found my 7184
and 7155.  Also grabbed some various Adventurers (Dino) and Arctic sets.
Decided to skip the Podrace Bucket.  Also noticed that the soccer sets were in.

Went back in towards the end of the sale, betting that mid-week deliveries may
see the much-heralded arrival of the 7190, 7181, and 7191.  I bet right..., I
got all but the 7191.  Lifetime first for dropping 300 bucks on LEGO in one go.
And just tonight, I swiped a 4561 for a friend for $128..., with only 5
minutes left in the sale!  :]

I gotta say that we got pretty lucky, being able to get all of the new mid-
2000 sets at 20% off as soon as they hit the shelf.

KDJ

Kyle D. Jackson
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
LUGNETer #203