 Marketplace / Shopping / 4193
4192  |  4194
Subject:
TRU Canada 20% off sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 11 Jun 2000 02:01:30 GMT

G'day folks,

I dropped into the TRU here in Windsor for the first time in a while.  They've
just kicked off a "20% off all LEGO" sale that goes through to the 16th or
so.  It includes Duplo and all that other stuff too.  I managed to catch the
7155 AAT and 7184 MTT, but they only had a few of each.  No sign of the M-
Falcon, UCS X-wing, or Tie Intercepter.  They do have Podrace Buckets...,
looks like a good source of tan radar dishes.  Also saw that they now have a
full selection of Adventurers Dino's and Soccer sets.

Also, one of our Zellers stores had some sets moved to "Clearance" in the
middle of their frequent 15% off sale.  I'm not sure if the 15% goes on top of
the clearanced price.  Items I saw were a Ninja treasure boat, all 5958
Mummy's Tomb, all 7171 Mos Espa Podrace, some funky Technic stuff, and an R/C
car (opened I believe).  Oh and some set where it looked like a kid ate half
of the box, and then ate half of the pieces.  The clearanced sets scanned at
30% off regular.  Maybe this is a chain-wide move to clearance?  I'll check
the other area Zellers during the week...

KDJ

Kyle D. Jackson
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
LUGNETer #203