 Marketplace / Shopping / 3681
Re: Going Shopping in the only Lego Outlet in Canada
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 20:38:58 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

"Rob Doucette" <news@doucettenet.com> wrote in message
They do have alot of catalog only sets: train snowthrower, cross track,
switches, and the Model Team Racing Truck.  Be prepared to pay full retail
and FL sales tax (6%??).  Price it at shop at home first, and call LIC
Orlando and get a shipped cost as well (no sales tax, flat shipping rate).
It may be cheaper than lugging a big LEGO box around the airport.

I didn't see anything there of interest, except maybe some service packs,
the Star Wars posters, and lots of the 624 motor set:

Last year was better, they had several discontinued Pirates and Wild West
sets on the shelf.  But if you've never been there, its definitely worth • the
trip!

-Rob.

I agree 100% with Rob's comments.  I get to Orlando for work on a regular
basis so I try to swing by the LIC when I can.  Last year it seemed like
they had more odd stock than they have recently.  Also, the amount of brick
related items in the store seems to have decreased significantly with
respect to the amount of clothing and other stuff for sale.  The last two
times I was there their stock of train items seemed to be dwindling.  They
were not stocking either the straight or curved track.  Also, the play area
also needs some attention.  There are a lot of broken bits and I am
constantly amazed how few wheels there are.  They must have a fair amount of
theft as well as when I was there in mid-march there were lots and lots of
slopes and enough windows to build a house.  I found no less than a dozen
red low slope corners that I would have loved to have.  When I was back
there two weeks ago there was not a window or low slope corner to be found.

Mike

--

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh@mindspring.com

http://members.tripod.com/mike_walsh