 Marketplace / Shopping / 3574
Re: Scratch off coupon sale Zainy Brainy W-S
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 20:09:14 GMT

I got two in today's mail (one for me and one for a prior resident) and the
odds have gotten (very slightly) better: here's the breakdown:
     50% cards    0.6%    8,280
     40% cards    0.6%    8,280
     30% cards    1.0%    13,800
     20% cards    2.0%    27,600
     10% cards    95.8%    1,322,040
     total cards     100%     1,380,000

My two were 10%. Other fine print: there's a $500 limit.

Mike Walsh wrote:

"sheree rosenkrantz" <srosez@hotmail.com> wrote in message
The cashier at the  Winston-Salem, NC,  Zany Brainy told me there will be • an
in store scratch off coupon sale at the W-S store April 13-16.  The • coupons
will give from 10% to 50% off the total order.   The last time  this
promotion was offered in her store, there were 50 of the 50% off coupons
scratched off  in her store.  I don't know the length of the previous
promotion, but this seems like quite a few people got  substantial • savings.
Hopefully, this coupon will be available nation wide.

sheree

I find it hard to believe that the Winston-Salem store had 50 50% off
coupons.  I guess it is theoretically possible that all of the 50% off cards
ended up in Winston-Salem but I kind of doubt it.  My guess is that she gave
you some bad data.  Check out my post from the last ZB scratch sale:
http://www.lugnet.com/market/shopping/?n=1335

It shows that 0.5% (5 cards in 1000) were 50% off cards.  These numbers came
right off the back of the mailer.  I actually had a fairly detailed
conversation with the manager at the Raleigh store because they were out of
something I had hoped to buy with my 30%  off card.  The Raleigh store had
two 50% coupons redeemed.  At the time I was in the store I was the only one
with a 30% off card.  Everyone scratched ahead of time and ZB didn't have a
problem with this.  Also, the number of cards they actually had in the store
(at least in Raleigh) to give out was pretty small, it is important to get
on their mailing list.

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com