Re: Scratch off coupon sale Zainy Brainy W-S
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 9 Apr 2000 01:20:03 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

sheree rosenkrantz wrote in message ...
The cashier at the  Winston-Salem, NC,  Zany Brainy told me there will be • an
in store scratch off coupon sale at the W-S store April 13-16.  The coupons
will give from 10% to 50% off the total order.   The last time  this
promotion was offered in her store, there were 50 of the 50% off coupons
scratched off  in her store.  I don't know the length of the previous
promotion, but this seems like quite a few people got  substantial savings.
Hopefully, this coupon will be available nation wide.

I wonder if they'll be as lenient this time as last time. Last fall, they
had one of these, and allowed people to use coupons they had already
scratched off (I used a 20% one to get two Mindstorms RIS 1.0, Mike got a
30% off one [actually, he got the 20% off one also, but gave it to me]). I'm
not that sure I'd use it if I had to scratch off in the store (10% isn't
enough, K-Mart has enough BOGO 50% off sales that I'm inclined to wait). I
may buy some more Football sets though (though I may also wait, especially
to get the field expansion set, I am planning a setup which would use 3
3409s to get enough FUBs (though if the price is good on the 3410, I may use
a bunch of those, but it takes 6 of those to match the area of FUBs in the
3409), my idea is to make a field large enough to drop the 2 48x48 field
baseplates from the European Football promo on top of the FUBs for a normal
display, but can easily remove the plates and have a game field).

Frank