 Marketplace / Shopping / 3553
Re: Upcoming TRU Sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 8 Apr 2000 23:38:56 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Kya Morden writes:
On Sat, 8 Apr 2000 10:28:40 GMT, "James Powell"
<wx732@freenet.victoria.bc.ca> wrote:

Could you please add which _country_ you are in?  and which
State/Province/Teritory/County/other unit of country?

James Powell

Ah, figured that it would be a national ad, who knows.  Anyway, United
States, Texas.  Looked llike it was going to be one of those ads that
show up in the sunday paper.

Don't Bet on that!  The TRU stores in my area rarely have stuff on sale,
certainly not Lego.  The turnover here for Lego is terrible.  The same stuff
sits on the shelves at full price for a couple of years.  For example, 6097
Night Lords Castle at $69.97 for over a year and they still have plenty.  They
could sell them all to me in one shot if the price would come down.

Anyway, I am pretty sure others with more knowledge about TRU policies have
stated in the past that sales are often within a sales region, distribution hub
radius, or on a per-store basis.  I am  not sure which, but I am quite sure
that national sales for TRU are few and far between.

However, TRU store coupons may have broader distribution.  I just picked up an
in-store flyer here in New York State at TRU that has a ten dollar coupon for
Star Wars Lego when you buy $49.99 worth of SW Lego sets.  I considered it,
then decided to pass on it--no better than an Ames 20% off or a Kmart BOGO-50
sale.  Cannot remember just now when the coupon is set to expire.

If the sale of construction toys does make it to me I will be sure to let you
know.

__Kevin Salm__