 Marketplace / Shopping / 345
Re: Star Wars Only Sales
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 25 May 1999 16:38:57 GMT

Steve Bliss <blisses@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
The fact that the slow moving Lego is not going on sale while the SW
sets are lends some support to my theory that the agreement with Lucas
includes a provision to limit sales on non-SW Lego so as not to
canibalize. Also notice the non-existent S@H Specials since EP1 sets
came out.

Or it means that stores realize the current hot products are SW-licensed,
and they are using sales to compete for buyers of those products.

It's the same idea as running sales before Christmas -- get the buyers when
they are ready to spend.

Yup.  A maintenance guy asked me yesterday if I had any of the new SW
Lego stuff.  (He previously left me a note and asked if I worked for
Lego <g>)  I said yes, that it was pretty cool.  He said, "Yeah, I
haven't had any Legos since I was a kid, but I just had to get those
becase they were so cool.  I had forgotten how much fun it was to put
them together."

Maybe another AFOL coming out of his dark ages?

--
Lego Shop at Home: 800-835-4386 (USA) / 800-267-5346 (Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - A great new resource for LEGO fans worldwide